Items you can use as toilet paper:
– smooth stones
– mullein leaves – these can be too soft, however, and you may poke your finger through
– oak leaves – very tough
– soft bark
– leaves from other plants – need to be soft, pliable, tough.
– water is used in Asian countries with much success. However, their diet is different
– going without (this would depend on one’s diet and personal preferences)
– dried corn husks – these are very strong, pliable, and partially absorbent, and work really well.
– corncobs! They’re either red or white, and an old Appalachian joke says you need two red ones and a white one: First use a red one, then the white one to see if you need the other red one.
– sphagnum moss